Monday, June 2, 2008

This is a few weeks old...just wanted to update :)

Well, I thought it might be a good idea to just go ahead and write a general note to catch everyone up on life in the past three weeks instead of writing everyone back individually ;)

So, as most of you know I'm in Pittsburgh, PA right now doing my internship. I must say...I love it. First of all, it is absolutely beautiful here. It has the mountains/hills of Arizona, yet the greenness of Florida. I'll be posting some pics soon, it's pretty awesome. My host family has also been just really wonderful. I'm living with a couple whos kids have all moved away and they've really made me feel like I'm right at home. I pretty much have my own little mini apartment, it's been perfect.

The church I'm working at is called Allison Park Church, and it has truly been both a pleasure and a blessing to work their thus far. As my intership drew nearer I begin to get nervous that I would end up at some church who was so far behind the times and was just completely...irrelevant and powerless. APC, couldn't be farther from that. Even though I've only been here for a week, I've already learned so much.

It's definitely been a long week, filled with a few very long days, but it's really just been great. I'm working with the sr. high and middle school youth groups; which as most of you know is something new for me, and it's been pretty good so far. I'm still getting used to it, and although I'm not sure exactly what God's purpose for me in this, I know that He has one and I'm pretty thrilled to find out what it is.

Everyone that I've met has been super great and I can really feel God doing something. It's really been a while since I've been able to say that but it's true. I'm not exactly sure what God's up to, but I can feel it's big. He distinctly told me to come to Pittsburgh for His own reasons unbeknownst to me, and I'm just enjoying finding out bits and pieces as I go along. This will undoubtedly be a summer of growth.

That's pretty much it I guess, but here are some random things/events that have happened along the way:
- A family of deer apparently lives outside my room (I pretty much live in the forest btw). I've managed to sneek a few pics, I'll post them soon. lol
- Gas in West Virginia is ridiculously expensive.
- I can now officially operate a 15 passenger van ;)
- It's hard not to complain sometimes.
- People's perceptions of you can be really different than your perception of yourself.
- I <3 Buffalo Wild Wings

The End.

XOXO

No comments: